UX Researcher & Designer for a social scale-up in Amsterdam
Circle Economy is looking for a passionate and adaptable UX designer and researcher who wants to have a positive impact on the world. Could you be the one?
WHO WE ARE
We’re an international team working on accelerating the adoption of the circular economy, and we are scaling up! Designers here play a direct role in both improving the understanding of the issues our organization tackles, and increasing the impact we have around the world. You will be joining our Design team as a fourth full-time designer!
What we need you for:
Our work takes us to diverse places, from working with businesses big and small, to governments in cities and countries around the world. The people working at these organizations are our main target users.
We are building a set of tools to scale our impact. These will be continuously developed in-house and built in partnership with associate agencies. We are also developing our own websites and platforms for our existing and new product offerings, which include digital reports, communication tools, and complex interactive infographics.
As our UX designer and researcher, you will report to and work closely with the design lead to achieve the following:
- Gauging the usability of new and existing products and suggesting constructive changes.
- Developing a clear process (including participation in running Sprints, creative guerrilla research methods, replicable metrics development...) for identifying actual user problems and their solutions.
- Producing insights from this process of research and testing that impact product development, while balancing business requirements, technical constraints, and user needs.
- Creating storyboards, wireframes, and prototypes from these research findings to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Participating in discovery and product validation for proposal writing in order to fund new products’ development.
- Building partnerships and proactively collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders to plan, execute, and communicate user research and design decisions.
The perks of working with us:
- We are a young social enterprise on a mission and with a great team spirit!
- We value impact, authenticity, collaboration and exploration.
- We offer flexible work hours, and remote work is possible once a week.
- Our office is at beautiful KIT in the heart of the city, home to many social startups!
Sounds good? Read on:
WHO YOU ARE
You’re backed up by a Bachelor's degree in Design/HCI/related field, or the equivalent in practical experience. And you’ve spent at least 3 years being sort of amazing in agencies, in-house, or freelancing.
Some qualities we need to see in you:
- The desire to help build a better future for humanity,
- The desire and ability to understand other people’s point of views,
- The ability to gather and manipulate data,
- The ability to match user, business and technical requirements,
- Being a strong team player, self-started and collaborative,
- The ability to apply agile methodologies and to incorporate the UX workflow within the development process,
- Understanding basic design principles, typography, visual hierarchy, color theory, trends and best practices,
- A conceptual, strategic and curious creative spirit willing to take risks,
- Adaptability in a fast-changing and complex environment.
Cool if you have these, perfectly okay if you don’t:
- Workshop facilitation skills,
- UX writing skills,
- Experience working with Figma,
- Experience working with Webflow,
- Some CSS/JS coding experience,
- A passion for sustainability,
- Dutch fluency.
What you’ll get
This is a full-time role (40h per week). We offer a good challenge for a passionate designer and a competitive salary, keeping in mind we’re a social enterprise. You’ll need an EU work authorization to get this job.
Connect with us!