UX Designer with research skills
Circle Economy is looking for a passionate and adaptable UX designer and researcher who wants to have a positive impact on the world. Could you be the one?
WHO WE ARE
We’re an international team working on accelerating the adoption of the circular economy, and we are scaling up! Designers here play a direct role in both improving the understanding of the issues our organization tackles, and increasing the impact we have around the world. You will be joining our Design team as a fourth full-time designer!
What we need you for:
Our work takes us to diverse places, from working with businesses big and small, to governments in cities and countries around the world. The people working at these organizations are our main target users.
We are building a set of tools to scale our impact. These will be continuously developed in-house and built in partnership with associate agencies. We are also developing our own websites and platforms for our existing and new product offerings, which include digital reports, communication tools, and complex interactive infographics. You’ll need an EU work authorization in order to apply for this job.
As our UX designer and researcher, you will report to and work closely with the design lead to achieve the following:
- Gauging the usability of new and existing products, suggesting and designing valuable changes.
- Developing and continuously improving the clear process (including participation in running sprints, creative guerrilla research methods, replicable metrics development...) for identifying actual user problems and their solutions.
- Producing insights from this process of research and testing that add value to our products, while balancing business requirements, technical constraints, and user needs.
- Creating storyboards, wireframes, and prototypes from these research findings to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Proactively participating in product discovery and validation.
- Building partnerships and proactively collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders to plan, execute, and communicate user research and design decisions.
The perks of working with us:
- We are a young social enterprise on a mission and with a great team spirit!
- We value impact, authenticity, collaboration and exploration.
- We offer flexible work hours, and remote work is possible once a week.
- Our office is at beautiful KIT in the heart of the city, home to many social startups!
Sounds good? Read on:
WHO YOU ARE
Preferably you have a Bachelor's degree in Design/HCI/related field, or at least the equivalent in practical experience. And you have at least 3 years of serious UX design experience in agencies, in-house, or freelancing. You have a curious, compassionate nature and an analytical mind. You are passionate about sustainability and creating a better future for humanity.
Some qualities we need to see in you:
- A conceptual, strategic and curious creative spirit willing to take risks,
- The ability to gather, interpret and manipulate data,
- The ability to match user, business and technical requirements,
- Understanding the basics of information architecture
- Proficient in the use of UX patterns and best practices
- Experience with workshop facilitation,
- Understanding basic design principles, typography, visual hierarchy, color theory, trends and best practices,
- Being a strong team player, self-started and collaborative,
- Understanding the value that UX research and UX design can bring to the business goals of the organisation,
- The ability to apply agile methodologies and to incorporate the UX workflow within the development process,
- Adaptability in a fast-changing and complex environment.
Cool if you have these:
- UX writing skills,
- Experience working with Figma,
- Some CSS/JS coding experience,
- Experience working with Webflow,
What you’ll get
A full-time (min. 32h p wk) role at a scaling, social enterprise. A real chance to have a positive impact on the world around you as a UX designer. A competitive salary, keeping in mind we’re a social enterprise.
Connect with us!