The ambition of CE is to accelerate the required transition of the economy, from linear to circular by doubling the Global Circularity Gap to 16% to meet a 1,5 degree world by 2030. To this aim, our impact goal is to build resilient economies that use resources intelligently, while contributing to thriving societies. The outcome of our work is to increase the number of nations, cities and businesses implementing just and safe circular solutions. Our strategy to reach these short term outcomes is to guide Business, Cities and Nation States through a circular scan process to identify, map, evaluate and prioritise circular strategies to close the circularity gap.
We do this by:
Impact Driven Data and Evidence Base;
Actionable and Practical Strategies;
Digital Environment to Scale Adoption;
Founded in 2011 in Amsterdam, Circle Economy Foundation currently has 50 members consisting of NGOs and businesses and has a 2 tier board. Important funding sources include trust & foundations, as well as public and private revenue.
Our team consists of 50 employees, of which 55% are women and 25 different nationalities are represented, from diverse academic backgrounds and career experiences. We have an inspiring supervisory board and are led by an experienced management team.
We are a young team of about 50 driven and ambitious professionals, sharing the belief that the circular economy creates prosperity for all. We work in a lively and dynamic atmosphere in our open office space right in the heart of Amsterdam. At Circle Economy, we have friendly and open team dynamics and a culture of getting things done while having fun.
This is a new position to provide senior capacity within the fundraising team in order to make the ambitious impact goals of Circle Economy happen by securing substantial unrestricted and restricted grants and donations. The senior Fundraising and Partnerships Lead will refine the long-term fundraising strategy and lead the ambitious plan to elevate the organisation to the next level. (S)he will ensure the financial sustainability of the organisation through increasing and diversifying the mix of revenues for the organisation.
Reporting to our Director Cities & Fundraising the role will include:
• Prospecting. Identifying potential funders through a variety of approaches including research, networking and collaboration with project teams. Including attendance/presenting at events. Likely to include regular overseas travel over time.
• Relationship development and management. Develop relationships with potential funders and organisations leveraging all appropriate opportunities to develop strong and mutually beneficial relationships at a senior level while maintaining a strong relationship with existing donorbase.
• Storytelling. Shaping strong and compelling proposals and reports together with the project teams.
• Inspirational pitching. Presenting proposals through presentations, conversations and informal and formal written formats.
• Developing capability and capacity. Contribute to the development of the organisation’s approach, capacity and capability to meet its funding needs.