Who we are
We’re an international team working on accelerating the adoption of the circular economy, and we’re scaling up!
We use design to map, illustrate, and translate complex ideas and data flows into clean, simple, and beautiful visuals that support the company’s mission. Designers here play a direct role in both improving the understanding of the issues we tackle and increasing the impact we have around the world. We also contribute to building the company’s brand through our values and strategic input.
At Circle Economy, we believe it’s time for a new economic approach: the circular economy.
We are a social enterprise supporting businesses, cities and policymakers in finding practical and scalable solutions to accelerate this transition. We are growing rapidly both in the Netherlands and around the world through strategic partnerships with governments and businesses.
Circle Economy has dedicated programmes for cities, textiles, the built environment, finance and circular design. We have partnered on projects in many sectors like agrifood, mobility, construction, healthcare, insurance, and waste. We also conduct trailblazing research on topics such as climate change, circular jobs creation and societal impact of the circular economy.
We’re a young team of 40+ driven and ambitious professionals, sharing the belief that the circular economy creates prosperity for all. We work in a lively and dynamic atmosphere in our open office space right in the heart of Amsterdam. At Circle Economy, we have a culture of getting things done while having fun, and apart from friendly and open team dynamics, you can expect a drink in your hand every other Friday by 4pm
Our work takes us to diverse and sometimes unexpected places, from brands like G-Star or Phillips and innovators like Fairphone, to the City of Amsterdam and the Glasgow Chamber of Commerce. As our third designer, you will report to and work closely with the Design lead to achieve the following:
• Creation of info-graphics and data visualisations
• Help with the production of online and print comms materials
• Bring your input to the design of our digital tools
• Facilitate design project management and art direction
• Help implement processes and style guides to ensure proper roll-out of all our designed work
• Contribute to building and consolidating our brand in new and exciting ways
• Support and educate the whole team with your expertise in creating engaging experiences through design thinking and iteration
The perks of working with us:
• We're a young social enterprise with a mission and a great team spirit
• We value impact, authenticity, collaboration and exploration
• Our brand new office at beautiful KIT in the heart of the city, home to incubating social startups
• International treats from a well-travelled team
• Freshly ground coffee, a pinball machine, ping-pong and pool tables
Sounds good? Read on...
Who you are
You’ve spent 3 to 5 years being sort of amazing in agencies, in-house, or freelancing. You can design for print and digital media, you know what a brand is, and how to make it stronger. You’re fluent in English and Adobe CC.
Some qualities we need to see in you:
• A conceptual, strategic and curious creative
• A strong team player, self-started and collaborative
• Willingness to try new things and take risks
• Ability to juggle projects calmly and optimistically
• Adaptability in a fast-changing and complex environment
Cool if you have these, okay if you don’t:
• An interest in sustainability
• Experience building brand systems
• Experience in UI/UX design
• Experience in video production
• Fluent Dutch
What we offer you
This is a full-time role (40h per week). We offer a good challenge for a passionate designer and a competitive salary, keeping in mind we’re a social enterprise. You’ll need an EU work authorisation to get this job. Connect with us!
The application process closes on November 13th. Please apply with your cv, a motivation letter and, most importantly, a link to your portfolio.