Digital Marketing & Communications Officer
About Circle Economy
At Circle Economy, we believe it is time for a new economic approach: the circular economy. Circle Economy is a social enterprise with an international team that supports businesses, cities and policymakers to find practical and scalable solutions to accelerate the adoption of the circular economy. We are growing rapidly both in the Netherlands and around the world through strategic partnerships with governments, cities, and businesses.
Circle Economy has dedicated programmes for cities, textiles, the built environment, finance, and circular design and have partnered on projects in many sectors such as agrifood, mobility, construction, healthcare, insurance, and waste. Circle Economy also conducts trailblazing research on topics such as climate change, circular jobs creation, and societal impact of the circular economy. Marketing and communications play a pivotal role within the organisation to inspire and teach businesses and governments around the world. Over the years Circle Economy has contributed to the growing community of circular economy frontrunners.
About the role
The Communications Team is responsible to 1) ensure visibility and increase the brand awareness of Circle Economy to a global relevant audience of businesses and governments on city and national levels and 2) ensure that relevant, inspirational, and engaging knowledge and information is distributed and contributes to accelerating the global adoption of the circular economy.
Within the Communications Team, you are responsible to support the development of inspirational and engaging content advocating the circular economy. You understand the power of digital communications and the importance of making research more accessible to facilitate knowledge-sharing. You are able to effectively translate complex ideas into engaging and attractive digital content, from short social media videos to audio tidbits and infographics.
You will report to the Communications Manager, work closely with the Communications and Design teams as well as our internal Business Units to transform learnings and knowledge into highly engaging and inspirational visual content for all our channels.
Who you are
You are an energetic self-starter, able to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment, and are a great team player. You can make decisions independently while at the same time ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders. You are an expert on digital communications and love to stay on top of recent developments and innovation within your field and have an interest and passion for the circular economy or the field of sustainability. When searching for content, you understand how to separate the wheat from the chaff and are able to translate highly complex topics and information into easy-to-digest and activating digital content for a specific target audience. You are eager to learn, are not afraid to experiment and implement changes when needed.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
1) Marketing and Communications
- Support the development of communications and marketing materials for Circle Economy’s core offerings.
- Coordinating and creating standardised templates for marketing materials (e.g. presentations, boilerplates, communications kit etc.), working closely with our design team to ensure adherence to visual guidelines
- Developing new formats to disseminate Circle Economy content, from interactive essays and videos to podcast, Instagram stories and new webinar concepts
- Assisting with the production of all content, from concept to distribution
2) Website management
- Lead on the implementation of structural improvements to the website to keep in line with industry standards in collaboration with our in-house Design team,
- support regular website content updates in collaboration with the Communications team and assisting other content editors to make relevant updates, as needed
- Coordinate development work with external developers
3) Analytics and Tracking
- Improve overall analytics and tracking of Circle Economy’s audience and marketing efforts, from SEO and SEA to social media analytics, in order to improve and optimise,
- regularly reporting on analytics from our communications channels to inform our digital content strategy, including social media engagement and website traffic and conversions.
- Keeping the communications analytics dashboard up to date and evolving it over time to provide new insights, as needed
- Setting up Google Analytics events and conversion goals as needed to provide insights on launch campaigns
4) Project Communications
- Support the communications team in developing communication materials for specific projects and thematic areas,
- support the communications and design team with translating existing research and insights as well as new project results and findings into digital content, including: social media posts, webinars, videos, infographics, presentations and websites,
- introduce new concepts to translate our research into engaging online formats and coordinating the content creation across business units.
Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor or Master's degree in communications, marketing or business-related field
- (Near) native English copywriting skills and a good eye for design
- Minimum of 6 years experience in marketing communications, preferably in sustainability or social/environmental impact driven sector
- You have proven experience developing and maintaining communications and marketing materials and online content
- Strong business analytics, relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem-solving and change management skills
- Experience working with CMS systems and website management
- Experience working with Google Analytics, Social Media Analytics, SEO
- The ability to adhere to deadlines and work within constraints
- Project management skills in order to keep track of external and internal budgets
- The ability to think outside the box to offer new solutions
- Being proactive and autonomous
- Excellent communicator with the ability to influence and persuade across all levels of the organisation.
- Experience working with the Adobe Creative Suite, digital and/or print design
- An affinity with the topics of sustainability and the circular economy
- Experience working with Canva, Asana
- Basic familiarity with Dutch is a plus