Circle Cities Programme Internship
About Circle Cities
We are looking for a highly motivated intern to join Circle Economy’s Circle Cities team in Amsterdam. Circle Economy is a highly energised, cooperative social enterprise with a team from around the globe that develops practical and scalable tools and services that accelerate the transition to the circular economy. We are growing rapidly both in the Netherlands and internationally and want to share and engage, governments, cities, businesses and citizens in the work that we do: practical ways of addressing the great environmental and socio-economic issues of today. In order to achieve this, the Thriving Cities Programme works in partnership with cities, mapping resource flows and circular innovations, and developing tools to aid city decision making in their transition to the circular economy.
We are a young team of about 50 driven and ambitious professionals, sharing the belief that the circular economy creates prosperity for all. We work in a lively and dynamic atmosphere in our open office space right in the heart of Amsterdam. At Circle Economy, we have a culture of getting things done while having fun, and apart from friendly team dynamics, you can expect a drink in your hand every other Friday by 4pm.
What we offer
A paid internship for a minimum of 3 days a week for a period of 6-8 months, but ideally in a full-time capacity, to start in February 2020. We offer a stipend of €400 per month for Master’s level based on full-time employment and can provide a travel stipend if necessary. We offer a challenge for a passionate person that loves to learn and take on responsibilities in a vibrant and talented team, in a pioneering organisation. The opportunity to grow an in-depth insight and knowledge on the topic of circular cities.
Project and role
Your role is to directly support the Cities team with the development of a “online city-scan process” process, which is a key part of the Circle Lab for Cities platform. You will develop engaging online and offline training tools, interactive guides, and informative methods that will help guide users through the online city scan process.
In this position you will have a supporting role in the following activities:
- Creating an educational and inspiring online journey that guides users through the full Circle City Scan process from start to finish.
- Development of accessible and educational tutorials that explain concepts, promote problem-solving and critical thinking, and allow users to explore online features.
- Developing a package of offline training guides, methods, and interactive workshop materials that will help users to follow and add value to the digital scan process.
- Participate in training and testing workshops with users of the tool, collecting and processing feedback and insights from participants.
- Provide support and input for internal design sprints, ideation sessions, and multi-stakeholder meetings in order to extract learnings and insights through the implementation process.
- Providing communications support in writing instructional guidelines, tutorials, as well as blogs and social media
- Providing support in event planning, stakeholder management where needed
- Design Skills:
- Strong user-centric mindset, with good design-thinking and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in developing educational and training materials and processes that are clear, logical, and rewarding to use.
- (plus +) Graphic design skills (Illustrator, InDesign) and basic gif animation
- Communication Skills:
- Fluency in written and spoken English, ability to communicate technical information in an intuitive and accessible manner.
- Creative and active in brainstorm sessions, not afraid to propose new ideas
- Ability to work towards tight deadlines
- Pro-active, independent and self-starter
- You are an independent, self-starting Master's student or recent graduate in the field of Environmental Management and Policy, Sustainable Development, Sustainability Governance & Environmental Planning or Environmental Sciences.
- You are passionate about sustainability and would like to use your expertise to help cities transition to a circular economy.
- You have an affinity with the Doughnut Economic model, the principles of the regenerative and circular economy.
- You have strong analytical skills and are able to tackle complex problems.
- You are a creative self-starter (proactive and independent);
- You have fluency in verbal and written communication in English
- You are looking for an inspiring learning environment to broaden your expertise in the application of the circular economy within cities.
The role is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Please complete the form below with your CV and motivation letter.